Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Drums and I

The most exhilarating activity that will ever exist in my life, playing sweet tunes on the drums. I was in my own universe today, ear buds in my ears, and sound waves flowing into my brain speaking to my limbs, suggesting how they should move. Of course, this with an exception of an occasional stick flip or twirl. Just the pure happiness I achieve with feeling success after success, nothing touches that feeling. Something I must do every single day is make time, even if only a couple of minutes to just do the one and perhaps only thing I excel at. The joy so easily could bring a tear to my eye. Eventually a half hour had flown by, I spontaneously checked my phone as normal, and noticed I had 5 minutes to be to work; the fact ripping me away from my kit. I sprung into action, ran out of my garage, jumped up my stairs, into the door of my house, jumped into my work pants, threw on a dirty hat coated in flour, then to the car. Once in the car the energy I was feeling still hanging over from my drumming experience made it quite easy for me to subconsciously speed 80 MPH through the city to my job. Drumming today made me on time to work.

"http://www.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/speeding-car.jpg"

No comments:

Post a Comment